Sometimes your anti-virus can cause a number of issues, in this article we talk about how Kaspersky Anti-Virus is causing attachments within outlook, to be renamed to a different file extension. This is a security feature to block malicious files from coming through via email.
To change settings within Kaspersky to disable the filtering for certain file extensions, follow the steps below:
1. Open the Kaspersky Anti-Virus Application and navigate to the settings window.
2. On the left, select the Protection tab.
In this subsection, click on Mail Anti-Virus as seen in the video above.
3. Scroll down until you see Advanced Settings in the bottom left corner and click on it.
*The Mail Anti-Virus window opens.
4. Scroll down again until you see the Configure Attachment Filter and select this option.
There is an option to disable the email filtering completely, it is highly recommender that you do not select this option.
*A window with a list of file extensions will open with a slider next to them to switch filtering for that file extension between active or inactive.
5. In the search bar in the top right corner, search for the file extension that is being renamed, switch the slider to inactive.
*This will remove the file extension from being filtered.
6. Click on OK
7. Click on Save
*A window will pop up to confirm that you want to save these settings, select Yes.